Monday, November 23, 2009

So we build, we build, we clear away what was and make room for what will be- Nichole Nordeman

There's a new noise that is a major part of my daily life at school. At times, when this noise stops, it's deafening. The noise? Construction! I've been living with the sound of construction from the slow progress of building the un-funded chapel for the past year and a half, but that was rather quiet and we had the little kid playground in between us. This, however, is much needed bathrooms for the Elementary students and is moving rather quickly. It's usually something that we can handle, as God has gifted me with a voice that can become quite loud, but becomes a struggle during tests.

A view from my window:








One of my students is so fascinated by this whole process that he's often late to class. Here he is peeking inside of the cement mixer: 

Beginning Infrastructure: 








More progress:








The most recent- you can see my classroom right there- the one room school house :)



It's fascinating to me how building happens here with the long sticks holding EVERYTHING up!



The lyrics of the title of this entry come from a beautiful song. It doesn't really have all that much to do with the building of the bathrooms, but it does talk about a hammer and climbing up a ladder. Not that I fully understand all of the lyrics, but the ones that I do grasp, I love:
"the lie that we tell says it's better somewhere else. as if love flies south when it freezes. what I'm trying to say in some clumsy way is that it's You and only You for always..." 

No comments: