Friday, March 20, 2009

In my dreams I see visions of the future and today we have today- Switchfoot

It seems more and more I find myself a teacher. Not just a grade 1 teacher at Heritage International School, but in every aspect of my life. Currently I teach a Korean friend proper English, I teach a grown woman how to read, I teach a bible study for a group of young women in university, I teach a Sunday school class of local children with some university students, and oddly enough I’ve taught someone how to bake a cake! What’s amazing to me is how much the teacher in me has come out. In high school, I never imagined myself being a teacher. I wanted to be a famous singer, and quite frankly, I never thought I had the patience to teach. God proves me wrong every single day of my life, and for that I am grateful. Each and every one of us needs to be shaped and molded until we can see what God sees, and become what we have been created to be in Him. I know a person is not supposed to define themselves by their profession, but right now, that is at the core of who I am. I am a missionary. How do I spend my days and after school hours? Teaching. Teaching people of all ages, all different things. My cornerstone and reason for it all? Christ, as it shall continue.
As I sit here, waiting on my God to show me the plans he has for me this summer, I ponder that. Why have I been teaching so much? I’ve been entrusted with such a wonderful gift to have been trained as a teacher professionally…and I should use it. For the most part, I am super excited for these challenges!
Another part of me is yearning to break free and go off myself and take pictures of all the creation that surrounds me. Unable to do this with my lens currently in America, this craving is exploding. This speaks to me as well.
I know that God can use both of these tugs at once; it’s just the leading that needs to come now.
Please pray with me that God will give me a clear direction as to what I should do this summer. There are so many options to think about…and I want to, and need to be, in the center of His will. While I am waiting, please also pray that I will be content living in the now. Today all we have is today, and I need to give my all in everything that I am doing.

No comments: