Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I figured it's time for some light-hearted pictures...here are some of my recent shots of Ugandan funnies!

 "This family looks healthy b'se of MILK". Not an add for a specific brand of milk. Just milk. On the side of a little shop.

Not the safest way to transport a BED.

Land Rover. Inspires confidence, right? I love passing this place though!

Well hello there little fella. In my class where I was tutoring.

Ugandan desks. Classic. That is a random piece of wood sticking up in the middle of a desk. At least they sanded and varnished it! Wow.

I always thought White York was a farm or something. It didn't occur to me that people naturally switch their r & l here when speaking...and apparently writing as well...making those eggs White YOLK eggs :)

They put chickens in bags to keep them from moving around too much.

Why not buy gas from a unicorn? They fly pretty well.

Check out the 4th line on this menu. If only I could eat meat. I would LOVE to know what Yum Yummy Tiliapia Fish Fillet is.

Notice where the handle for the door is? And the lock?

It's a joy walking out of my gate to see a goat tied up there.

This car did not belong to those people. They were just walking on the road and decided to help this guy get a running start. They pushed him to the top of the hill there and then he was able to start the car on the way down!

This is what happens when you leave things in a drawer.

This is one of the ways I walk to school. It's a 30 minute walk if I go the long way. This shortcut takes off 5 minutes. Downside? People DO dump their trash here. A lot. I carry a wrap to cover my mouth. It's a daily decision. Walk through some smelly trash and knock 5 minutes off the trip OR walk past bunches of guys at the quarry staring and cat-calling at me.

I think this road sign is so funny! Let it be known that there aren't really any road signs in Uganda. They are improving though. It should also be known that on my way home today I noticed the back of this sign. It's a mirror. Just incase you wanted to see how you look in your car, or to see if the back of your shirt is covered in the mud that someone just splashed as they drove by. Ya know, it's pretty handy.

Not ashamed of the Gospel!

They're paving the parking lot at school. You can see the multiple steps in this shot. It's a long process.

I hope you've enjoyed this edition of "Roadside Uganda". 

No comments: