Saturday, May 24, 2008

It's official...I'm teaching 1st grade!

I am very pleased to say that I got my target grade! God's got it all under control.
Less than 2 months until I'm off! I have to be in Kampala on August 4th for teacher training. I should be there a week ahead of time so that I can adjust to the time change, move in, etc. Meaning I should be leaving around July 23rd. My last day of work as a Switchboard operator at Komline-Sanderson is set for June 27th. After that I will be going to Delanco camp in Tabernacle, New Jersey for 2 camp weeks- Camp Meeting, and Junior Camp. I will be the missionary at both camps, and at camp meeting I will also be working with the kids. I'm so excited about getting the opportunity to go back to the place where I spent 2 summers as a Horse Wrangler in a whole new capacity. I'll also have a week to get some things done before I leave, like packing for my move, clearing out my room, and mentally preparing for what is ahead.
There is still so much to do, between shots, learning to drive stick and getting an international driver's license,  planning for my classroom, and all of the other normal things of life, I've got plenty to do. But God is faithful, and he'll find a way for it all to get done.
I've already got a new prayer request. If your aren't up on your Ugandan news, which I suspect most of you are not, the Lord's Resistance Army is back in action. It breaks my heart. The people of Northern Uganda have gone through so much already, I can't imagine them having to go through all of the fear and murders all over again. Please please pray with me that the Lord God would bring an end to this war. If you want more details on the happenings, bbc is a great source. Here's a link to a recent article on it: Ugandan rebels 'prepare for war'
Prayer is out most powerful weapon. God can conquer anything. 
If you're in the area on Wednesday June 18th, please come and stop by my house for an "open house". I'll be serving some traditional Ugandan foods, have some pictures running, some stuff from Uganda laid out, and I'll be talking some more about what I am doing there. It's from 6:30 to 9:30, but you can come and go as you are able. If you need my address, please contact me and I'll be more than happy to give it to you. Don't hesitate to contact me if you've got any questions either. I'd be more than happy to hear from you. I've tried to set up this blog so that anyone can leave a message for me on this site, even if you are not a member of this site. Let me know if you have any problems.
"Redeem [Uganda], O God, from all their troubles."-Psalm 25:22

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jean! I am so glad there are people like you in the world who are living out their dream of helping others in the worst possible situations. I hope I can do similar work once I graduate from grad school.

eleni rigual said...

Dear Jean,

Congratulations dear one! My heart overflows with joy for you! What a privilege that the Lord has called you to serve Him in this way. I know that the children will be blessed to have you and that your work and life there will bless our glorify our Glorious Lord as you continue to faithfully serve Him. I am praying for you! Numbers 6:24-26 Love in Christ, Eleni, your friend from Covenant Chapel.